Audient Sumo Output Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Hi people!

Since Sumo has monitor output section which is exactly the same as main out, i wanted to add output transformers to add something different to it. What ratio should i use?

I am basically replacing CB19 and CB29 electrolytics with transformers and going to XLR outs. Here's the schematic of that part.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-204331_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-204331_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 50
kingkorg said:
Hi people!

Since Sumo has monitor output section which is exactly the same as main out, i wanted to add output transformers to add something different to it. What ratio should i use?

I am basically replacing CB19 and CB29 electrolytics with transformers and going to XLR outs. Here's the schematic of that part.

Hi there. Have you managed to put output transformers? What transformers did you use? I'm planning to mod my sumo too :)

Hello.

I experimented with few. I didn't get anything really by adding those. SB9 SB10 SB11 SB12 would be where you add the transformers, not at the capacitors where i originally suggested. 

The best mod i could come up with is adding optional hpf in compressor side chain.  Really useful, low end is not triggering that much the compressor, and makes it way more versatile. It's just adding two capacitors to existing ones in series.

kingkorg said:
Hello.

I experimented with few. I didn't get anything really by adding those. SB9 SB10 SB11 SB12 would be where you add the transformers, not at the capacitors where i originally suggested. 

The best mod i could come up with is adding optional hpf in compressor side chain.  Really useful, low end is not triggering that much the compressor, and makes it way more versatile. It's just adding two capacitors to existing ones in series.

I see. Do you have a schematic of the whole unit?

Latest posts

Back