Schematics for the Neve 33115?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftune

Seems impossible to find this one anywhere online, anyone here happen to have a copy? Or one of the similar units like the 33114 or 3114 / 3115?

Damn, I really could have used this last week, but still great to have now! Thanks!

mjrippe said:
You are welcome!  We have over 40 of these modules between the console and outboard racks, so if you need any help with them feel free to reach out.

Mike

I'm working on a 3104 that has an issue with a large level drop of about 30db when the EQ is engaged, but both of the small amplifier blocks in the EQ section seem ok? i'm wondering if there is a bad inductor or cap that is shorted?

when I test with pink noise the Mid EQ works fine but it seems the high and low shelves don't.

Well, a 3104 is a slightly different beast.  It uses the earlier 338 and 340 amp modules as opposed to the 438/638 or 440/640.  It does have identical EQ points to the 33114.  I have a pair of them on my shelf waiting to be restored, but the only schematic I have is barely readable. 

If it has not been fully recapped, that is the first step for sure.  All electrolytics must go!  Tantalums should be checked for dead shorts, though in these modules it is rare.  If that does not solve things, let me know and maybe I'll start on my modules too!

Mike

Attachments

• Neve 3104.jpg
    Neve 3104.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 84
Yes, lots of good (3)3115 info in there.  For those who don't already know, the extra "3" indicates the paint color.  So a 33115 = 3115 with a different faceplate and maybe different knob caps.

Latest posts

Back