• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: 1084 HF Select board for 1073 style EQs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello,

I'm having a handful of boards made that will provide 1084 style HF selection to various 1073 style EQs. There are five connections from the 1073 HF section to this 1084 HF PCB and that's it. It mounts directly to the front panel and is designed for a concentric switch/pot configuration but can wired to a separate pot if desired. The board is small enough to be mounted over an existing 1073 PCB inverted. Dimensions are approximately 1.2"x3".

Didn't know if this would be of any interest to anybody once it clears prototyping. If there are enough requests I'll get a proper batch made.

Thanks!

Paul

These my work for my Brunno2000 - 71x versions of his 1081 and dual mid band 1084’s i have. Please keep us informed. I’m located in Nashville as well.

I have a couple of prototypes made, but I haven't had a chance to do any testing. I'm currently on the road so it will be a couple of weeks before I can verify it works.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 97
Potato Cakes said:
I have a couple of prototypes made, but I haven't had a chance to do any testing. I'm currently on the road so it will be a couple of weeks before I can verify it works.

Thanks!
Have you got the bugs worked out on these? Love to see if they’ll work on these brunno2000 -1084’s.
I’m located in Nashville.
Myke

Paul

Hello, everyone,

Circling back to this project, I recently completed a 1073 style EQ build and incorporated this design and it works exactly as it should.

Thanks!

Paul

Here's a pic of it installed in a project I recently finished. I'll send some PMs to those interested later today.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• HF Select Board Install.JPG
    HF Select Board Install.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 64
Hi there -
Wish I'd seen this post years ago!!
Do you have any of these/your PCB's available.
Would love to buy some - - am interested in up to 24
Best regards
Nigel

I may have like two left. The design needs to be updated as it doesn't have the 4M7 resistors between the switch positions, which it does need as I had to add them after the fact as I was getting thumps switching frequencies. I don't know how soon I could get this tweak made and have boards printed.

Thanks!

Paul

Back