Gareth Connor

Re: private mixers for headphone cues
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 11:56:57 PM »
In answer to your questions, Rob:

Reverb.
The Musician Mixers do not have any effects buillt in.
The last 2 mono inputs have insert points on the rear of the Musician Mixers. The insert sends & returns are balanced and on individual jacks. Using these, a local reverb (or any other effect) can be applied, but it ONLY applies to mono channels 7 ( and/or channel 8 ) of the mixer that the FX unit is connected to.
If not using the inserts, the returns can be used as local line level inputs, but that of course will mean that anything being distributed to the system on those two channels will be over-ridden.

System Cabling.
25 twisted pairs with a overall screen is the basic recommendation.
Gareth.

ubxf

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 01:18:20 AM »
I was also hesitant before i jumped in and got the P16 system, now i have 8 of them and they work out really well and are a real upgrade to the analog solution 2 x  Rane HC6s that i was using

pucho812

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »
Gareth, wow. that is awesome...  way cool.

Dare I ask how much or if it's a for sale product?

I would love to hear more about it in detail as that is way cool and impressive.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:24:21 PM by pucho812 »
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

Gareth Connor

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
Thank you for the compliment, Sir  :)

Yes it will be a for-sale product; that was agreed with British Grove studios after it had been in for about a year and they were happy with the performance and reliability. It will be under the name BGQ. I can't answer the price question yet as the figures have not been fully worked out as regards a for-sale product. Sorry about that, but I will be able to advise when we have the fine details calculated.

I'll extract a basic description from the user manual and post it for you.
Gareth.

pucho812

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
Thank you for the compliment, Sir  :)

Yes it will be a for-sale product; that was agreed with British Grove studios after it had been in for about a year and they were happy with the performance and reliability. It will be under the name BGQ. I can't answer the price question yet as the figures have not been fully worked out as regards a for-sale product. Sorry about that, but I will be able to advise when we have the fine details calculated.

I'll extract a basic description from the user manual and post it for you.

wow, awesome thanks.  ;)
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

pucho812

Re: private mixers for headphone cues New
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 04:01:01 PM »
o.k. this was put down for a while due to budget and other projects taking priority.

Screw it... I have an idea, now I need to work out how to execute the idea.

I'm looking at a system that is commercially available that is just a mixer with a talkback function. each mixer has an I/O to send signal to other mixers. I suspect it is passively doing so and that any makeup etc, is from the line inputs in the mixer and so forth.
Where I am puzzled and trying to wrap my head around is their talkback function.  how are they managing to get talk back to each mixer?  I get each mixer will have a mic pre for the mic and get it to line level, but then how do they manage to get  it to all the other mixers?  there is no central hub or anything which is the only way I can see that being possible....

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:30:32 PM by pucho812 »