private mixers for headphone cues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In answer to your questions, Rob:

Reverb.
The Musician Mixers do not have any effects buillt in.
The last 2 mono inputs have insert points on the rear of the Musician Mixers. The insert sends & returns are balanced and on individual jacks. Using these, a local reverb (or any other effect) can be applied, but it ONLY applies to mono channels 7 ( and/or channel 8 ) of the mixer that the FX unit is connected to.
If not using the inserts, the returns can be used as local line level inputs, but that of course will mean that anything being distributed to the system on those two channels will be over-ridden.

System Cabling.
25 twisted pairs with a overall screen is the basic recommendation.

I was also hesitant before i jumped in and got the P16 system, now i have 8 of them and they work out really well and are a real upgrade to the analog solution 2 x  Rane HC6s that i was using

Gareth, wow. that is awesome...  way cool.

Dare I ask how much or if it's a for sale product?

I would love to hear more about it in detail as that is way cool and impressive.

Thank you for the compliment, Sir  :)

Yes it will be a for-sale product; that was agreed with British Grove studios after it had been in for about a year and they were happy with the performance and reliability. It will be under the name BGQ. I can't answer the price question yet as the figures have not been fully worked out as regards a for-sale product. Sorry about that, but I will be able to advise when we have the fine details calculated.

I'll extract a basic description from the user manual and post it for you.

Gareth Connor said:
Thank you for the compliment, Sir  :)

Yes it will be a for-sale product; that was agreed with British Grove studios after it had been in for about a year and they were happy with the performance and reliability. It will be under the name BGQ. I can't answer the price question yet as the figures have not been fully worked out as regards a for-sale product. Sorry about that, but I will be able to advise when we have the fine details calculated.

I'll extract a basic description from the user manual and post it for you.

wow, awesome thanks.  ;)

o.k. this was put down for a while due to budget and other projects taking priority.

Screw it... I have an idea, now I need to work out how to execute the idea.

another change another day. After a session at the studio which this is going to, we concluded we need 12 mono, 2 stereo feeds to each mixer and 4 headphone amps per mixer. Talkback is  not necessary.  The current system they have is a hack of a system which does 5 mono and 1 stereo setup using  uli B mixers that are in shit shape. 

Latest posts

Back