Trimmers and Ultrasonic Cleaner

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron_swanson

Hello,

Are supposedly sealed through hole trimmers safe to subject to ultrasonic cleaning processes?  Specifically, Bourns PV36W series. 

Data sheet seems to suggest the packages are sealed and does indicate some washing data.  I have a couple of boards that are supper dirty that I want to attempt repairs on, but each board has a single Bourns PV36W trimmer. 

I've never had a need to clean a board with through hole trimmers attached.  Just wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!

ron_swanson said:
Hello,

Are supposedly sealed through hole trimmers safe to subject to ultrasonic cleaning processes?  Specifically, Bourns PV36W series. 

Data sheet seems to suggest the packages are sealed and does indicate some washing data.  I have a couple of boards that are supper dirty that I want to attempt repairs on, but each board has a single Bourns PV36W trimmer. 

I've never had a need to clean a board with through hole trimmers attached.  Just wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!
can you still buy replacement trimpots? How many boards?

Maybe try one first as a test.

JR

I'm also interested in knowing this ! I think we should be able to partially submerge the board as to make cleaning solution make as little contact as possible with the blue trimmers...Mostly bottom of the board.That might work ?

Back