Signal routing for EQ bypass

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello,

A while back I finished up some of the Audiox 169 recording channels and put in all of the options. I thought all was well but upon further review I realized the bypass switch routing was not correct. So I've been going back over the schematic and to see how to better implement an EQ bypass. I've attached the full schematic for reference.

Attachments

• studer_169ch_schem.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
I'm using a SPST switch as I needed a toggle that was as small as possible to fit it where I it to go. Pole connects to the + side of C15, OUT position connects to the - side of C25 and the IN position connects to R22. This seems to work as far as function, but I am getting about 6dB more output with the EQ bypassed. I found that adding a 3k7 resistor inline with the OUT position connection to C25 reduces the gain so both positions are the same, but this also creates a LPF around 1k. I suppose that I could increase the gain 6 more dB at DOA 1 (make up gain for HF and LF), but I'm not sure which resistor I would change as there isn't a single one that is parallel to the feedback cap. Is there another way to reduce the gain from the OUT position without creating a LPF? Or with this particular circuit is my only option to increase the the output gain of DOA 1?

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• 169 EQ Bypass.pdf
    660.4 KB · Views: 11
Here is how I was doing the bypass on my first attempt. It seemed to work, but this is gives me the popping sound and I'm pretty sure it isn't loading something correctly. I may have to redo some measurements/tests to see to confirm what issues are created.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• 169 Bypass attempt.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 12
Back