G.TEN 500 series graphic eq (V4 revision) 18.05.23 back in stock

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty1_1garry

Hello groupdiy'ers!
happy to announce that:
Garash G.TEN V4 (18.05.2023 update) - new batch is available for purchase. Check post #85 for more information.
Garash G.TEN V3 (05.01.2022 update) - assembly manual revision V3.1. Check post #75 for more info.
Garash G.TEN V3 (21.11.2021 update) - new kit's are available for purchase. Check post #74 for more info.

Garash G.TEN - ten band graphic equalizer in 500 series format.
G.TEN is a 500 series format ten-band graphic equalizer. It’s a great sounding and easy to set EQ with all the important musical frequency points.
 It’s great for shaping drums, guitars or any other sources where you need a great sound and fast setup.

Schematic is LTspice emulated and carefully tuned. The EQ is based on an IC gyrator filter which mimics an inductor. The G.TEN has proportional-Q (wider Q on low boost/cut and narrower Q on high boost/cut). This style of EQ became popular in the mid 70s when the famous console module was invented by Al Davis. G.TEN is input balanced and output balanced. Output buffer is implemented on 2520 DOA that boost output transformer. G.TEN has true relay bypass with a led status indicator.

This is the fourth reissue of the G.TEN.
In the G.TEN V4 revision we tried to take into account all the nuances and requests of those who bought and assembled the device earlier, as well as our own ideas for its improvement. To make the assembly easier we made an illustrated assembly guide as well as a video instruction (post #86).

Latest and previous assembly guide available here:
https://garashlab.com/gten
Feel free to ask and comment. If you have an interest - PM.
Also kit is available through our exclusive distributor:
https://diystudiotoys.com/catalog/equalizers

Cheers,
Igor

Last edited:
I just wish its faceplate was black.. but otherwise it is perfect!
Will very likely order some off these throughout this year  8)

Winetree said:
Will there be a second batch?

yes, prepare for second batch. I hope in september it will be availble. You can send me your e-mail and I will send a massage with notification

G.TEN received! One question. I will be using the B output option with 2520 & 2503 output transformer. I noticed that there were 2 - .1uf ceramic capacitors above the dip8 that 1246 socket. I believe the build manual says to leave these off board. Just want to confirm that I should remove them, or if it is ok to leave in circuit? Below is picture with circled components in question.
Thanks again Igor!

Attachments

• G.TEN.jpg
    G.TEN.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 69
Bobby Baird said:
G.TEN received! One question. I will be using the B output option with 2520 & 2503 output transformer. I noticed that there were 2 - .1uf ceramic capacitors above the dip8 that 1246 socket. I believe the build manual says to leave these off board. Just want to confirm that I should remove them, or if it is ok to leave in circuit? Below is picture with circled components in question.
Thanks again Igor!

Hi! Congrats!
In a such configuration you should install 0.1u near 1246 and do not install them near 1646. Like it showed on page 27 (I've added additional image, see attached).
One more comment - on page 43 there is a schematic for wiring 2503 as 1:2. There is a mistake - that's necessary to ground only one unused wire (ORG or YEL), NOT both. If you will connect both you will get a short circuit at one secondary (that's safe for transformer) and you will read -6db instead of +6dB trx gain.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 09.53.23.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 09.53.23.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 69
Back