G.TEN 500 series graphic eq (V4 revision) 18.05.23 back in stock

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirty1_1garry said:
yes, prepare for second batch. I hope in september it will be availble. You can send me your e-mail and I will send a massage with notification
Still looking forward to these, seeing I just missed out on the first batch.
Let me know.

Let's get this going. I preorderd 2 kits. Hopefully there is enough interest in this to get the ball rolling. I can attest to sound quality on these units.

https://diystudiotoys.com/products/GTEN2020

We are close to packing and shipping. Sorry guys for delays who preordered second bath kits. There was a couple production troubles that was luckily  solved.

from the very few demos I find online I found thee G.TEN 500 more appealing than the CAPI LC ..
anyone here compared them side by side?
also the CAPI has 2 transformers while the G.TEN seem to stick more to the original circuit

Hi folk! Thread is a live and I'm here (or available by PM) if any one of you will need any advises.
I'm preparing third batch of G.TEN's . First and second batches of total 50pcs already on hands in lunchboxes)

Got mine finished. They went together really easily! Great kit. Now I'm just waiting on some info about the white opamp boards that came with them so I can rack them up and test them. Speaking of which - does anyone know about those? They’re CA-2520 opamps. I have the BOM, but D1 is a little confusing (two diodes in series maybe?).

Thanks for a fun and well thought-out project!

Gten-Front.jpg

GtenGuts.jpg

I finally got a chance to finish the opamps and test these out. Unfortunately, only one of them is working at the moment. I must have screwed something up, but I can't figure it out.

The one that isn't working passes signal in bypass, but nothing when engaged. The LED changes from red to green, but no signal. I switched the DOAs, but that doesn't make a difference. I compared the two units, and all the components are identical and in the same polarity. All the opamp power rails have the correct voltage (including DOA), and I can hear the relay activating, so I don't think it's a bad relay. It's hard to troubleshoot much further without a schematic though. Is it possible to get a schematic, or does anyone have any idea of what the issue might be?

As a side note, the one that's working sounds fantastic!

Back