WTB defective Sontec HS2000 DOA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

Hi
If you have a defective Sontec HS2000 DOA  left over and want to get rid of it then please let me know. I need one to repair another one.
thanks

Thanks, Paul. I´ve found these pictures already. Unfortunately the one I want to fix looks different. So that doesn´t help too much. Even if I could somehow find the parts which are equal to the burnt stuff over here I fear that I´m not good at seeing the colours of the resistors. I´m close to colour-blind, so I need to measure what´s going on.

As long as it helps to find me a HS2000  ;)
I´m not sure if I want to do the complete reverse engineering. As a lazy person I´d rather try to get along with less headache. I´d simply like to repair it for a friend, if it´s possible at all, and carry on with something else.

Moved here..

I think it's safe to say that we are a bunch of people that are interested in any findings that you'd care to share (if you reach any conclusions, that is..)  ;D

Jakob E.

Maybe Joe from JLM Audio has some clues... he's been working on a HS3000 clone for awhile.

55480120-2668490993166275-4260845945496797184-o.jpg

Back