1970's Sonifex B1000 B2000 Mixer - Replacement Preh Faders Needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieOxford

I have an old mixer I'd like to fix up - it has miniature Beyerdynamic transformers inside and sounds pretty good!
It's made by Sonifex, but the current company have no info or schematics for it. The only info I could find were adverts from StudioSound magazine in the 70s.

I was planning to replace the old faders and pots, then possibly recap some channels, but I'm struggling to find suitable faders as they seem to be an unusal size - They're labelled Preh 726 10k+ and are 100x15mm with a 68-70mm travel.

Has anyone seen unusual fader sizes before, or does anyone have any ideas where to look for replacements?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sonifex B100 - StudioSound 1972 (3).png
    Sonifex B100 - StudioSound 1972 (3).png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 47
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I did see this site, but it looks as though those faders are a little short at 58mm travel !

I used the same faders (with the black knob with the metal inlay) in the 70's for my first 'real' audio mixer.
I think I still have a couple of them that I got donated from a mixer builder who never finished his project...
Unfortunately, I think those faders are 10 K linear. I suppose you will need 10 K log...

Attachments

• Preh.jpg
    Preh.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back