Global AUX pre/post switching

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I have been thinking about pre/post switching of AUX sends. I find it extremely hard to think of a case where you would want an AUX send post fader on one channel and the same AUX send pre fader on another channel at the same time. Hence individual pre/post switching of an AUX makes no sense. Global switching of that AUX so all channels are either pre or post would make more sense.

Where I am going with this is that eliminating per channel AUX pre/post switches allows them to be replaced with AUX bus select switches. So two AUX send pots could be switched to two of four buses for example. This is better it seems to me because you get twice as many AUX buses for the same number of switches.

What do you think?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I have been thinking about pre/post switching of AUX sends. I find it extremely hard to think of a case where you would want an AUX send post fader on one channel and the same AUX send pre fader on another channel at the same time.
This is a possibility I have seen used in broadcast applications and for special effects (fade to reverb), but very seldom.

Hence individual pre/post switching of an AUX makes no sense. Global switching of that AUX so all channels are either pre or post would make more sense.
In most cases of music production, yes.

Where I am going with this is that eliminating per channel AUX pre/post switches allows them to be replaced with AUX bus select switches. So two AUX send pots could be switched to two of four buses for example. This is better it seems to me because you get twice as many AUX buses for the same number of switches.
Agreed.

Latest posts

Back