Midas >10000 euro preamp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

A friend showed me this today https://www.thomann.de/gb/midas_microphone_preamplifier_501.htm

It sound a bit expensive to me.  It is kind of funny that the other model 502 cost 160euros.
Where I can find that snake oil?

maybe it is a new currency for music companies and governments.  you own me 10000 lets make it look like you are buying me a microphone preamp hehe.

pucho812 said:
I know why it is so expensive, it is the first original design Berheringer ever made😂

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a more serious note, the 502 seems like a bang for the buck thou.

lets do a group buy of a single channel and then clone it ;) We can even copy the circuit boards with a copier and then import them into a computer to draw the PCB artwork. ;D

pucho812 said:
I know why it is so expensive, it is the first original design Berheringer ever made😂

This is kind of stale.

They have one of the best desktop digital mixers around these days and an analog poly synth to easily rival Korg. Just of the top of my head. Despite to generic crap they put out they do have departments that are capable of mixing and using the knowledge of the numerous higher end companies they have bought.

12afael said:
A friend showed me this today https://www.thomann.de/gb/midas_microphone_preamplifier_501.htm

It sound a bit expensive to me.  It is kind of funny that the other model 502 cost 160euros.
Where I can find that snake oil?

…distributor gain range is the  "reason"…  ; )
(believe me)
cheers

Phool and his money is soon pharted.

A mic preamp with a "warm" switch is aiming for a phunny customer.

Good luck, maybe he is hoping to sell one each to competitors to take apart and reverse engineer... pass.  8) 

Next month he'll advertise that the new Midas console uses the same EU10k preamps inside...and not be lying.  ::)

JR

Latest posts

Back