EV10723A Neve Balanced Board Output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi,

I got some EV10723A Neve Boards and I would like to know what Neve console used these boars??

I am planning to used these boards in order to balanced some unbalanced lines level outputs but I don't know what kind of connectors it used in the edge board??...I don't want to solder anything in  the pad ends.

I will appreciate any idea or comment
Opacheco

I don't know that particular board, but most (all?) Neve plug in boards have 4.0mm pitch and are 1.57 or 1.6mm thick.  Search "card edge connector" on Mouser, Digikey, etc.

mjrippe said:
I don't know that particular board, but most (all?) Neve plug in boards have 4.0mm pitch and are 1.57 or 1.6mm thick.  Search "card edge connector" on Mouser, Digikey, etc.

mjrippe
Thanks for your response and comment; I had searched there for that connector but found nothing about!, BTW this connector is very rare.

I am thinking to find where these boards were installed and search it in the NEVE CONSOLE Manuals but I don't know where these boards were used?

Opacheco

mjrippe said:
Wow, that is a HUGE connector!  Sorry, but I have no idea where to find that  :(

Maybe in two 43 pins connector for edge board?....But could you tell me about the NEVE Console that use this Board?

Thanks
Opaceco

Perhaps 44 position, I don't think that 43 is a standard size.  I do not know what Neve used these boards, but it would be a later one.  The "pumpkin" transformers are very nice torroidal types and you could use them on their own to balance line level signals, but it looks like these cards have a buffer or driver amp as well as XLRs, etc.

mjrippe said:
Perhaps 44 position, I don't think that 43 is a standard size.  I do not know what Neve used these boards, but it would be a later one.  The "pumpkin" transformers are very nice torroidal types and you could use them on their own to balance line level signals, but it looks like these cards have a buffer or driver amp as well as XLRs, etc.

yes I suppose, see its schematic below please and let me to know what do you think about please.

Thanks

Attachments

• EV10723A Neve Balanced Board Output.jpeg
    EV10723A Neve Balanced Board Output.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 36
The 1034 chip is the same as a 5534 opamp.  The two transistors following it help drive heavy loads like 600 ohm gear.  A common design for the time.  But this does not help with your connector problem!

mjrippe said:
The 1034 chip is the same as a 5534 opamp.  The two transistors following it help drive heavy loads like 600 ohm gear.  A common design for the time.  But this does not help with your connector problem!

mjrippe,
you're alright!

Opacheco.

Thanks!  I feel pretty good today  ;) 

I think the easiest solution might be to get two 44 position connectors and cut one end off of each so that the card passes through the open end.  Then just line up the closed ends with the edges of the card.

mjrippe said:
Thanks!  I feel pretty good today  ;) 

I think the easiest solution might be to get two 44 position connectors and cut one end off of each so that the card passes through the open end.  Then just line up the closed ends with the edges of the card.

mjrippe ,
I think so too!!....what connector do you thinks can work here?

Opacheco

Something like this: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/CR7C-44DB-4DS72?qs=b6306Cq53rGuyGIaDaPPsw%3D%3D

They are not in stock at Mouser, but perhaps you can find them elsewhere.

mjrippe said:
Something like this: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/CR7C-44DB-4DS72?qs=b6306Cq53rGuyGIaDaPPsw%3D%3D

They are not in stock at Mouser, but perhaps you can find them elsewhere.

mjrippe let me to check.
Thanks a lot for your help and time!
Opacheco.

Chris said:
These cards were used as outputs on the Neve 81 and 82 series consoles.

Chris,

Thansk for your information!....how was these boards used in that consoles?, Aux mixes output?, Matrix output?...

Opacheco.

Sorry about the late reply. I seem to recall them used in a bunch of places, but can't remember the specifics. These folks would know: http://www.81series.com/

Latest posts

Back