HE-569 pre/eq 500 series

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to measure the dimensions of the Lustraphone clone transformer,
here they are:

index.php

Attachments

• Lustraphone Clone dimensions.jpg
    Lustraphone Clone dimensions.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 275
Whoops said:
I was able to measure the dimensions of the Lustraphone clone transformer,
here they are:

index.php

Thank you Whoops,
these dimensions call for a redesign of the pcbs, I will look into it but first we need to be sure that the transformer from Cyril Jones is available. I have sent another email to him from his site with no answer...

pahstah said:
Thank you Whoops,
these dimensions call for a redesign of the pcbs, I will look into it but first we need to be sure that the transformer from Cyril Jones is available. I have sent another email to him from his site with no answer...

Yes, I understand, I will send him an email also.
Last time I talked to him was in April

pahstah said:
I will look into it but first we need to be sure that the transformer from Cyril Jones is available.

Just got a reply from Cyril, the raindirk mail server was down, the Lustraphone transformers are still available from Cyril and still being produced.

Better to e-mail him directly, if anyone needs his email just pm me

Paolo,
I just received the pcb's. Wow. Like wow. Beautiful work man. I have most (if not all) components figured out, but I am wondering what rotary switches are needed for the mid and hi? They are small. Grayhill?
Thanks

Rocinante said:
Paolo,
I just received the pcb's. Wow. Like wow. Beautiful work man. I have most (if not all) components figured out, but I am wondering what rotary switches are needed for the mid and hi? They are small. Grayhill?
Thanks

Hi Dylan,

thank you for the kind words. the switches are NKK MRK112, if you got to the first post of this thread you will find the bill of materials in the mouser carts, it's the one calle d "main board and eq". Also for the gain switch there are two different carts, one has the original resistors values, the other has a different range that I have selected wich has a little less gain but it saves the preamp from going into oscillation at the most extreme settings, I suggest to use this last one for gain.

Paolo

Hey Paolo,
I see that inductor one (VTB9043) has a pinout for another inductor labelled RM10-15h. Care to elaborate? Where those available?

Dylan

Rocinante said:
Hey Paolo,
I see that inductor one (VTB9043) has a pinout for another inductor labelled RM10-15h. Care to elaborate? Where those available?

Dylan

Hi Dylan,

I have included a RM10 footprint for those who want to wind their own low frequency inductor. The Carnhill VTB9043 only goes to 10H, I've found that 15H is better suited for 60Hz and 80Hz since it gives you an higher Q. Obviously you have to change the capacitors values accordingly.

uptownsquash said:
Incredible work!
Are these available for purchase yet?

thank you! yes they are, only trouble is that Sowter at the moment is delaying some transformers and as you can see in the first page of their site  "We are operating and shipping product but due to high demand we have a significant backlog of orders and the current crisis is having a severe impact. We expect to be able to meet all current comitments with minimal or no delay."
they are prioritizing the most requested transformers and the lustraphone replica is not one of them...

Hi Paolo,

I'd like to echo what others have said regarding your work on this - it's really incredible!

I note that at one time you were considering a re-design of the PCB to accommodate Cryil Jones' input transformer. Is that still under consideration, or are we sticking with Sowter?

If the PCBs which you have available now are to be the final version, may I ask how I should go about placing an order?

Thanks again for all yor hard work on this!

Matthew

Have been trying to contact Raindirk about ordering some of their Lustraphone clone transformers but I am not getting any reply, has anybody ever managed to get some of these transformers from them ?

beatnik said:
Have been trying to contact Raindirk about ordering some of their Lustraphone clone transformers but I am not getting any reply, has anybody ever managed to get some of these transformers from them ?

I tried too but nothing....

beatnik said:

iprovlek said:
I tried too but nothing....

You have to contact Cyril Jones directly.
PM me for his email

I have sent an email to Cyril Jones today. I hope I will get an answer. however it will be very difficult to put it in the current pcb: the transformer is big and occupies a lot of space.

Paolo

pahstah said:
I have sent an email to Cyril Jones today. I hope I will get an answer. however it will be very difficult to put it in the current pcb: the transformer is big and occupies a lot of space.

Paolo

Hi Paolo,
did I sent you Cyrils email?

the good one finishes with "sky.com"

Latest posts

Back