Affordable DIY preamps to build next

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick616

Hi everyone! after finishing a few projects, I've decided the next thing I really need to build are some preamps (possibly 6+)  which will mainly be used on drum mics and as instrument DI's/Hi-Z inputs (I have some Cadenza ribbon mics that I'd like to use). I'm not  too picky on the design/features as I can probably add them in however I can't decide what to build/use as a starting point. I'm open to transformerless designs because I'm on a tight budget and have limited space - transformerless would be preferred as long as they have balanced in/out. Something that isn't packed with tons of features and parts but has a good/decent sound is what I need. I'd  prefer schematics as I'll be building these on stripboard but I'm fine with PCBs. Thanks!

They look quite nice. It's a shame they're out of stock. I'll have to keep an eye out though I'll probably have decided on a design before they are available again.

Back