ams rmx16 schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

working at a studio is like patching a hole in a boat while it is still in the water ;D if it's not one thing it's something else.  while I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, the last few  known things are  out of my wheelhouse.  Mainly because I never seen the insides before.
Before I take the unit down to Dave kulka as he has more experience on these then I do. Might as well see if anyone has a schematic or an idea about  the described fault.

1. the unit powers on and works for as long as a minute. Then it dumps and every light comes on and stops working. If  we turn it off and on,  We get a different combination of lights and in some cases if we wait a minute we can go back to working for a minute before it again will dump.
|
I assume this is power supply related and it needs a recap. I am also under the impression that it may need new ribbon cables from what I have read so far. 

Anyone have schematics they can shot me over?

check if the heat sink for the power supply feels hot, even after only a minute... most modern regulators have thermal shut down, so something may be drawing excessive current.

Usually you can find the miscreant by feeling around for hot goodies.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
check if the heat sink for the power supply feels hot, even after only a minute... most modern regulators have thermal shut down, so something may be drawing excessive current.

Usually you can find the miscreant by feeling around for hot goodies.

JR

That is true.
thanks for the reminder. hot to touch parts are usually an indication of a problem.

in the tech docs section the is the counterpart delay unit which I believe is the same PSU and chassis and will be close enough to work from to get what I need.  :D

The faults I know of are defective tantals and contact problems in the ribbon wires. If it´s shutting down then it might be a tantal which turned into a resistor, pulling down a rail.

Back