Front Panel Laser Engraving

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophreak

Hello All ,
  I apologize if this is the wrong place for this.
  I have been doing many GroupDIY projects for about 10 years now and have done my own panel graphics in Illustrator and had Chae from Prodigy Engineering Laser engrave the panels for me. It's been a while and the phone numbers and web site are no longer valid. Not sure what happened, ( I hope he is well)
Does anyone know of a similar service in the States ?? ... or if Chae is still doing this ??
I really like designing my own graphics .

Thanks in Advance.
                                                  :)

Front panel designer now offers this although I think they use UV printing to realise it. It is a lot cheaper than engraving which is all they used to offer.

Cheers

Ian

audiophreak said:
Thanks Ian !!
  Chae did the Laser engraving , $75 plus shipping for a 2U face plate that I shipped to him ...

Did that include cutting the holes or was that just the graphics?

Cheers

Ian

Yes , just the Laser engraving, 
  I use Par metal cases , about a $100 for a 2U case , then I would send the front panel that came with the case to Chae and email the graphic , in the graphic I would put an appropriate size circle with an " X" in the middle where a hole would be , when the panel came back I would drill them myself and on occation have a machine shop mill the big holes for meters .
It worked well for many projects...and you helped me on several of them  ;D

Latest posts

Back