Typical output Z of drum triggers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37518

I was wondering if anyone knows the typical impedance of a drum trigger such as the Roland RT-30HR, in Roland's webpage the only specifications are its size, width, etc... no electrical characteristics. I know that piezo mics used for triggers have a high Z, but I dont know if the ones by Roland use a transformer or some sort of signal conditioning.

Perhaps someone has measured some or knows the typical impedance of such triggers?

Not sure about the Roland, but I know the DDrum triggers are just piezo elements. I can measure them when I get home.

iampoor1 said:
Not sure about the Roland, but I know the DDrum triggers are just piezo elements. I can measure them when I get home.

That would be great, thanks!

user 37518 said:
Perhaps someone has measured some or knows the typical impedance of such triggers?
Typical piezo elements have a capacitance of 600-2500pF. I wouldn't worry too much about the LF response, since the leading edge (HF) is used, not the tail (LF).

Latest posts

Back