Help me Identifying some capsule bought in an auction

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

I've recently bought some capsule lots and other microphone parts and I would like to clearly identify them. Can anyone help me?

Picture will be shown on the following posts.

These are the ones that i'm most confused. They were sold as "k-47 type", but they are single backplate and unidirectional. Any clues?

Attachments

• capsulas 22.jpg
    capsulas 22.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 23
The K47 capsules, both these Chinese clones and the originals, were indeed made with a single backplate. Due to mismatches in the two sides, the ones not-close-enough for the U47's ended up in the cardioid-only U47FET's.

To improve yields and thus reduce costs, Neumann (and later, the clones) went with the "two halves" method of assembling capsules.

Just because there are two backplates, doesn't mean they're electrically isolated, and thus, they're in fact single backplate capsules, most likely.

PS: Those "K47" ones most definitely do NOT have the K47 drilling pattern; the front looks the same as the K67/K87, but the backplate's totally different.

Khron said:
The K47 capsules, both these Chinese clones and the originals, were indeed made with a single backplate. Due to mismatches in the two sides, the ones not-close-enough for the U47's ended up in the cardioid-only U47FET's.

To improve yields and thus reduce costs, Neumann (and later, the clones) went with the "two halves" method of assembling capsules.

Just because there are two backplates, doesn't mean they're electrically isolated, and thus, they're in fact single backplate capsules, most likely.

PS: Those "K47" ones most definitely do NOT have the K47 drilling pattern; the front looks the same as the K67/K87, but the backplate's totally different.

Yeah, you are right. Only two of the "type 87" capsules have isolated backplates. i've marked them.

In fact i was suspicious about those "k47" capsules because they look a lot like the Leory capsules in Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030587767.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1d7b4d20pu1ybz&algo_pvid=52e89f7b-a3b6-4c97-bf54-244ee0aa4477&algo_expid=52e89f7b-a3b6-4c97-bf54-244ee0aa4477-0&btsid=8f4a44fe-4bba-430f-ae22-e800fba88c43&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_7%2Csearchweb201603_52

It'd be interesting to measure those, actually (against a calibrated measurement mic, ideally).

Latest posts

Back