TuCo Tube Compressor Plug on sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have everything from Sonimus except that channel thing which is redundant if you already have Satson and Britson. I like the small boutique designers for some reason. Check out https://ddmf.eu/product/ they make some of the best EQs and at reasonable price, I also use their PluginDoctor to test plugins. I use everything from Klanghelm. VUMT is nice for gain staging the  DAW channels if you just want to  set the gain without the  analog fantasy crap.  I run Cubase pro 10, Samplitude Pro X4 and Reaper. Not only do DAWs sound different, the plugins sound different in them as well.

analag said:
I have everything from Sonimus except that channel thing which is redundant if you already have Satson and Britson. I like the small boutique designers for some reason. Check out https://ddmf.eu/product/ they make some of the best EQs and at reasonable price, I also use their PluginDoctor to test plugins. I use everything from Klanghelm. VUMT is nice for gain staging the  DAW channels if you just want to  set the gain without the  analog fantasy crap.  I run Cubase pro 10, Samplitude Pro X4 and Reaper. Not only do DAWs sound different, the plugins sound different in them as well.

do you have the same pan law applied to all DAWs...
samplitude and cubase comes with different default pan law...
so, they do sound different, until u change the pan law to same value ....
well, it was the case 7-8 years ago, when i tested all daws... and their EQs... they were all NULL
even with waves comp eq plugs on every channel, with any number of audio tracks, mixed at same values..
it was NULL every time...

Cubase is a professional product no doubt about that and I have been using it since about 1990 and been through every version up to Pro 10, it's bloated and heavy. I can hear it. I can get a better vocal recording in Reaper with the same vocalist singing the same song. Some will quote zeros and ones, null tests etc, but the ear is the judge. Samplitude is sonically one of the very best, but it needs polish.  I find myself using Reaper more and more especially as I learn it.

Latest posts

Back