Valley People PR10a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Hey guys!

I acquired one of these racks last year and finally found a pair of Maxi-Q modules for it.  However, upon arrival, I noticed the modules weren't long enough to fit the chassis...they also didn't have screw holes to bolt them in either...

So, seems maybe they're not made for it?  I spoke to the guy that I got the chassis from, and he seemed under the impression that there was either some sort of mod or an adapter PCB to make these compatible? 

Can anyone tell me about this, or perhaps knows how to do it?  Much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Sig

VP made two different series of modules and backplane rack units.  The earlier ones were brown faced and had no screw attachment, the later ones were darker brown/gray and had screw attachment to the rack unit.  I don't believe the two are compatible.  Maybe you can trade your rack unit for one of the older ones.

<edit>
A little google searching--you want a TRxxx rack unit which is the earlier type.  The later one is the PRxxx.

Latest posts

Back