All in one PSU for projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

When I first came here as a real newbie - I did float this idea - and have built a couple of PSUs from home etch
Jakob at the time did mention that it will come back to haunt me...

The bulding of them is fine... it's just the awkward little things that are annoying (like splitting the AC wires 4-5 ways to feed multiple trafos on PSU boards).
Actually having all those AC wires is a bit scary - to and from the multiple DPSTs.
The fact that I have multiple 0V lines - I don't know if this is a problem or not.. as the boxes I have built don't use multiple voltages on the same circuit (e.g. 24-0 feeding a Relay Board - 15-0-15 feeding the other board)
I can imagine problems down the line when I do the SSL9ks...
But they will be star grounded in the boxes that they feed.

Now perhaps one step up from newbie but I want to rebuild them...
What I am after is to build a decent one size fits all PSU that can put out the following DC voltages...

+48v
+30v
+24v
+18v
+15v
0v
-10c
-15v
-18v

As you can see - that will fit all the projects we have very nicely
The easiest way I could do it is put a TL783 for the 48v (which I have done before), then LM317s and LM337s for the rest
(I have only ever used 79xx and 78xx - so I thought I might want to have a go at those)

I take it then it is all down to power ratings and whether the LM3xxs can handle it...

Okay idea...?
The valve stuff will have it's own - but I am planning to have 2 of everything else...
e.g. 2x 1176, 2 x calrec (with relays), 2 x ssl9k, etc...

Latest posts

Back