Elotes aka Mexican Street corn

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

This is a must. So yummy and so easy to make. While I don’t have a specific recipe I follow the basics are grilled corn on the cob. Butter, mayonnaise, sour cream(sometimes depending on the recipe), cojita cheese(Parmesan is a good sub), and chili powder.
I have played around with various recipes and all have been good, different but good.  Worth looking into

Its perfect, cooked  corn cut into wheels , then flashed on the barbeque with some butter , ready in moments , no polite way to eat ,just get stuck in ,your guests will be licking their lips and fingers .

user 37518 said:
Make sure you try "Esquites" they are sooo good.

yes... those are like elotes but the took it off the cob...  8)

You as I flew out this morning this post got me thinking of how in the older days of the brewery we used to exchange food and drink discussions. We still do from time to time but back then it was more common and light hearted.  We should go back to that.

I found some good quality Spanish barbeque chorizo in Lidl today , packed a hell of a lot of punch in the flavour department ,served with Carribean hot sauce, coleslaw ,potatoe salad and a beer ,its what summertime is made for  8)

Tubetec said:
I found some good quality Spanish barbeque chorizo in Lidl today , packed a hell of a lot of punch in the flavour department ,served with Carribean hot sauce, coleslaw ,potatoe salad and a beer ,its what summertime is made for  8)

wow, that sound delicious. 

Back