Anybody have experience with voltage regulator tubes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sismofyt

Are they more noisy than zeners? I'm currently using some zeners with a 6AS7 follower, but using an OD3 would look damn cool :grin: But is it not worth the time? I find conflicting opinions on this project. I have almost zero experience with them. I've only swapped some in my B&K 2603 and that did lower the noise...

I use one in my Fairchild supply. No noise yet.
If you want, use zeners, but keep the tube lit just for kicks.
Howabout a seeing eye tube, you could tell everyone it's in a regulator circuit!

If I could just figure out how to make a tube heater PSU I'd be kickin' :green: So far I'm using two 5Y3, three 6AS7 (all big coke bottles), one 6DJ8 and two 6J5GTs + 13 trannies and chokes for a stereo micpre.. hehe..

Why? Because I can dammit! I've also promissed myself and the missus to clean out in my big pile of junk this year.. :wink:

If you could pursuade Eric to come on over it would just be swell, because it was his circuit that inspried me to try out OD3s/6AS7 combo, even though he says they suck :green:

It's here;

http://headwize.com/projects/showfile.php?file=barbour_prj.htm

Back