Visonik David 6000 speakers need repairing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I`ve got a pair of Visonik David 6000 near field monitors that I bought new about 20 years ago. I really like them but the rubber cone surround has perished on both Woofers.

I tried unsuccessfully through Canford (sole UK distributor) to get some replacement drivers. However after 6 months of waiting with no reply from Germany they threw in the towel. They said the Company owner didn`t speak good English or something.

Anyhow, are there any German speakers, who could try mailing the guy on my behalf to see if replacement drivers are available.

Alternatively can anyone recommend someone UK based who is able to repair the original drivers.

Any help would be good because I really like these speakers & am keen to get them working again.

not easy

find a very experienced speaker restorer ...
1/ - replace the surrounds
this is tricky and will probably change things even if the job done is great.

this gets back to a questions asked here about NS10 drivers and ageing
everything ages and changes ... so now it is not to spec

2/ - rplace the speakers
this is also tricky and likely to ... will require some xover changes

again things will be different
:cry:

Kev

Your comments are pretty much exactly what I`ve been thinking. I just wish the company was a bit more responsive to emails. I`ve been told its a one man outfit, which by my own experiences, must make him very busy, & possibly unresponsive to emails in English.

Rob, I just finally got around to fixing my visonik 5000s maybe 8 months ago. yes, the visonik guys were a bit scattered, but they did get me the wofers. (their response time to emails was about a week or so, not quick repliers). I loved my old 5000s but I'm not convinced that the new drivers are identical to the old ones, these seem to have a stiffer surround and less bottom end than I remember, but we are talking a fair number of years of not listening to them.

I can look around and see if still have the email address and names, if you're interested.

Karl

Back