Please recommend panel mount power connector for PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurango

I have a 36ch Sound Workshop Series 40 mixing console with 2 PSU's for audio and one for automation (which realistically probably won't get used). I'd like to house the power supplies in another room and connect them via some panel mount connector. Each PSU is 15 conductors and I believe is rated for 3 amps. What type of connector would you recommend to do the job? Preferably one connector for each PSU and something not too incredibly hard to solder. Thanks!

jdurango said:
I have a 36ch Sound Workshop Series 40 mixing console with 2 PSU's for audio and one for automation (which realistically probably won't get used). I'd like to house the power supplies in another room and connect them via some panel mount connector. Each PSU is 15 conductors and I believe is rated for 3 amps. What type of connector would you recommend to do the job? Preferably one connector for each PSU and something not too incredibly hard to solder. Thanks!

15 Conductors ? Details ?

I have used plenty of soviet union military surplus from ebay for high voltage, high amp, lots of pins. High reliability, because I mean come on, helicopters.

Example: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/4x-19-pin-Aviation-Connector-Plug-Silver-Russian-Male-Female-Set/192379291563?hash=item2ccab307ab:g:fRgAAOSwbZJZpwBS

It's actually not the connector you should be worried about finding. They are cheap and available. Finding the right cable is trickier, unless you want weird looking snakes with multiple wires to a single connector. In Europe, Sommercable is a good candidate.

Latest posts

Back