"Trigger warning" before movie screening

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've posted before -- Western culture has went so far adolescent at this point, as in childish and inexperienced. Also, as in the majority of college students. And there's never a shortage of politicians pushing their buttons, promising them everything like a parent would to a little spoiled child.

gltech said:
Western culture is overwhelmed with adolescence right now.

gltech said:
Very simple, adult vs child:
the-big-book-of-maker-skills-(popular-science)-9781616287269.in03.jpg

2-colors.jpg

This idea that all convo's should conform and not cause offence or upset or discomfort  is a load of toss ,  If every topic that caused some level of discomfort was banned , we'd end up  talking nothing but irrelevant bulls%&^$ all day long  ;)

Incidentally, I've never been easy to offend , but even less prepared to keep my mouth shut about stuff that really irk's me ,Im every bit as outspoken in real life as online ,always have been.   

There seem to be many double standards about what we see.  We are stopped from seeing dash cam footage or CCTV footage at the moment of impact or death because we might be upset by it.  Then the people go to see horror movies where the most realistic effects possible show heads caved in or people ripped in half. WTF!

This seems to be a Western liberal phenomena as in the middle east and far east they show every disaster and dead bodies on the news.  Our news made an exception for the father and daughter who drowned crossing the Rio Grande, apparently the media know what's best for us, they know when we should be educated and when we should be protected from reality.

How could my mother have let me walk to school at age five with  six roads to cross?  Today she would have lost me to social services!

DaveP

DaveP said:
There seem to be many double standards about what we see.  We are stopped from seeing dash cam footage or CCTV footage at the moment of impact or death because we might be upset by it. 

At least here in Germany this has more to do with protecting the privacy of victims and their families.

I may have some insight. Living with Complex PTSD (not military) for years therapy, group therapy etc. was what I was prescribed.

Sadly I sat through meetings with countless people claiming PTSD from Video Games, Television, Social Media, News Media, Traffic etc... and getting Disability or Leave of Absence from these claims.

The reality is that visual "Trigger Warnings" are just one more step to coddle these pathetics. Truth be told, if not for such weak and feeble people, I may never have known how strong I was to overcome my personal loss of confidence.

Latest posts

Back