Service info/schematics for a Roland AP-7 'Jet Phaser'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tungstengruvsten

Hey guys;

got one of these as a gift in partially working condition....the 'jet' settings work(basically 2 different distortion settings, one trebly/marshall and one thicker one) but nothing on the phaser side works....

Anyone have any docs? Schematic would be amazing...it's in relatively good shape and does pass signal so I have my hopes up....

Thread revival. Wondering if Tungstengruvsten had any success in repairing your unit, and the trouble it was having. I have one of these, jet works intermittently, and the phaser is also intermittent, more so, sometimes the jet works w/o the phasing, and then the whole unit will cut out passing only clean guitar signal. I've not done any meaningful trouble shooting yet. I may take apart and clean, it had been sitting around for easily 20 years before being put back into service.

I saw a thread on a stompbox forum that suggested a tantalum cap in front of the FET for a similar problem. I have a rather blurry schematic though.

I took the cover off for a quick look and wiggled a few electrolytics around. None of them seemed "puffy" but now it works OK for a longer period of time. I think I will replace those. Also, I saw a thread about cleaning the contacts, so tonight I'm going to spray some "Blue Shower" (only kind I could find locally) on the switch contacts.

A wire had come loose from the slow/fast switch. Re-soldered that, and sprayed some contact cleaner on the metal parts and pots. Going to give it a few days to dry out, and see if that helped.

Another follow up. Cleaned the contacts on the switches, potentiometers and resoldered one connection. That seems to have cured the ills... for now

Back