Signetics 5532 original datasheet.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkrafs

Hi folks..................wagen!

Im looking for the "old" or shall we say the "original" signetics
data sheet for the NE5532!

Im about to see if there is some difference between the Signetics
and the TI 5532N device. I have the Philips revised sheet, but it
lack some parameters.

I have yahooed, and googled but to no avail!

The pinout will be the same.

The sound?

Plug and play.

Don't ya hate it? The first site you get under a p/n search is chipdocs. The place that charges an annual for stuff that's already on the web. :twisted: :twisted:

[quote author="CJ"]The pinout will be the same.

Yes i know, but there is diffrences between manufactures, for
instance some Samsung now Fairchild 5532's, noise are 8 and
10nV other manufacturers have diffrenbt Bw and slew rates.

Ti N's are said to have lower noise then A's! strange!

>The sound?
who knows! :)

>Plug and play.

Absolutely!

>Don't ya hate it?

I dont, i just avoid it! :)

> Thei first site you get under a p/n search is chipdocs. The place that charges an annual for stuff that's already on the web. :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

Agree, absolutely crap!

Reg
kkrafs

Im looking for the "old" or shall we say the "original" signetics
data sheet for the NE5532!

I haven't looked which versions are actually out there, but I have a Philips 1988-databook here, with the NE/SE5532/5532A. Could scan if it'd be complementing the versions you already have.

Im about to see if there is some difference between the Signetics
and the TI 5532N device.
But I don't think the talk about TI vs Philips/Signetics versions of this opamp w.r.t. 'sound' will be reflected in the datasheets.

Regards,

Peter

I have a copy of the Phillips sheet dated 1994 in pdf. All the data sheets are just going to regurgitate the same specs, cause the "engi-marketing" depts all want you to think the parts are equivs.

You can't hear what it sounds like from the data sheet, though... :green:

Learn to use your resources for what they give you for free...

Chipd*cs WILL tell you who the manuf or manufacturerS are for a particular part when you do a search there. You can then go to the manuf website and find what you are looking for. Sometimes finding the "right" portal into the manuf website is the bigger trick. Chipd*cs also has a neat database of manuf logos, so that if you get out the magnifying glass, you can figure out who makes a part.

A better source of datasheets is:

http://www.icmaster.com/ ...you have to "register"

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/

HTH!

[quote author="bcarso"]Peter, care to comment on any possible changes since the Caen fire??[/quote]

Many parts previous done at Caen are now maid by on semi!
(perhaps old news)!

kkrafs

Peter, care to comment on any possible changes since the Caen fire??
I haven't heard anything 'from inside' that was already discussed here. I even found out here that the '5532 was discontinued as well (the link to the discontined devices was posted).

One (for this forum not really relevant) change I do know of is the ending of a certain other IC-process as well - that specific one was just only used for a few types still and these types have now been redesigned in other processes. It was an audio/video-IC we designed; a colleague has been busy a while back to transfer it to another process.

So sorry, no specific '553X-news.

Bye,

Peter

Many parts previous done at Caen are now maid by on semi!
(perhaps old news)!
This gives the impression that Philips & On arranged something, like On taking over certain types ? Hadn't hear about this, please tell.

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]About online-datasheets, www.datasheetarchive.com hardly ever lets me down. It's free (but might be down this very minute).

Peter[/quote]

Yep,

That's the only site I use (daily!) now for datasheets- heck, it's free and it gives you a choice of datasheets for any searched p/number! Saves you carrying a bunch of books/discs about too.

Mark

Latest posts

Back