Good quality Lexicon 224X(L) schematics scans?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi all,

Have a 224X(L) I need to service. Have the free scans available all over the interwebs which on some of them is very difficult to read... In a fit of desperation, I bought some from a vendor in Australia but alas they were the same scans as what's already available out there...  :mad: (luckily it was cheap...)

Short of an original service manual (which I would be totally willing to purchase), is there someone out there or some resource or vendor that has nice, good quality, complete scans of 224X(L) schematics?

Cheers,
Chris

Hmmm... wondering if you have a better source than me?  :eek:

I generally have better luck NOT printing and viewing on the ol' PC. I can do pretty good this way with some less than stellar scans.

But this example is at 400% and it's nearly impossible:

L8slE0g.jpg

Anyone out there with an original manual they'd be willing to sell?

fazeka said:
But this example is at 400% and it's nearly impossible:
I don't understand the problem - what a wonderful schematic ( I have seen a deal worse ones).  Everything is readable (at least to me).

index.php

Maybe you have problems with your eyesight or maybe is it lack of skills ?  ;)

Attachments

• Lexicon_224_part_c2.jpg
    Lexicon_224_part_c2.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 100
Understand Doug. To be clear, I don’t blow it up unless I need to. Sometimes it helps, sometimes like in this case, it really doesn’t.

radardoug said:
Sometimes when you blow the picture up too much, it becomes harder to see which is somewhat counter intuitive.

OK, so I think I understand why that particular SBC schem is as poor of a scan as it is...

The original Lexicon service manual's schematic for the SBC is likely a copy of a copy. Meaning, that particular board in the 224X/L is sourced from National Semi, BLC 80/11. My guess is that Lexicon made a copy from the National hardware reference manual. The reference to this is even stated in the 224 manual. (I missed that, I guess, as I was looking at the 224X/L manual. Unless it was in there too?)

fazeka said:
Hi all,

Have a 224X(L) I need to service. Have the free scans available all over the interwebs which on some of them is very difficult to read... In a fit of desperation, I bought some from a vendor in Australia but alas they were the same scans as what's already available out there...  :mad: (luckily it was cheap...)

Short of an original service manual (which I would be totally willing to purchase), is there someone out there or some resource or vendor that has nice, good quality, complete scans of 224X(L) schematics?

Cheers,
Chris
PM me.

korneev, I already have the scans you provided. It's no better quality than what I already have. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back