Smorgasbord of Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
No longer in NY and below the Mason Dixon line.
So like 2 decades ago a buddy of mine was going to build a console. He's had parts lying around since then and he said he'd send them to me. Looks like a ton of pots. Most are unused and have been in a box for 20 years. Still looks like a nice score.

Attachments

• console_parts_SM.jpg
    console_parts_SM.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Nice!  Pre-aged parts, so when completed, your mixer can immediately considered 'vintage' (...)  ;-)

Those knobs, looks like the type as used on early Peavey guitar-amps ?

BTW I've got scores of older pots if you need em for a vintage type  project. I've never checked values (old wheastone audioarts 2k) but I imagine they are 1k/10k for volume, plus dual concentric's for TL074 eq sections. Somebody smarter than me should test the input tranny... tell me if they are worth reusing.
-Boji

TW3NZfo.jpg

I had a search for vintage Peavey gear and found the PA -900 ,
It kind of recreates the vibe of the great RCA consoles of the 50's ,
Circuitry is  as simple as you can get , might make a good enclosure for converting to valve once you cleared out all the poweramp guts .

Attachments

• PEAVEY-PA-900-POWERMIXER-fresh-out-of-_1.jpg
    PEAVEY-PA-900-POWERMIXER-fresh-out-of-_1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 18
There was a PA-6A  version too  ,six channel  ,which later became a PA-600 , I wonder what transformers they had for the lo-z balanced inputs ,cant seem to find a reference or photo .

The fluted alu knobs on the old peaveys ,they were quality alright , milled from solid billet , well worth finding a new use for.

Tubetec said:
The fluted alu knobs on the old peaveys ,they were quality alright , milled from solid billet , well worth finding a new use for.

A closer look to that first pic now more makes me think of Auditronics-knobs, but that's just another guess.

Back to those alu Peavey-knobs (pic added of the type), as it happens I scored a little old Backstage 30 yesterday, with one missing knob ...
if anybody else has one of those knobs around that he/she doesn't have a use for, please let me know, thanks!

(Often these have lost the central black insert, no problem!)

Attachments

• 1695_Peavey_amp_knobs_1_edt.jpg
    1695_Peavey_amp_knobs_1_edt.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Back