hum problem on ADR COMPEX FX760X-RS SOLVED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pw8888

Hi Guys
i hope i am posting in the right part of the forum.
Just bough one of those amazing unit . vintage. with output transformer :)

"but" ... i am getting 50hz hum on both output // louder on channel one .
could that be an easy fix ? condenser in the power supply going bad ?
just want to say that has NOTHING to do with the compressor noise floor. It is really something that ADD to the signal.just wondering that could be the transformer ? or wiring. another info is that the machine is NOT grounded at the moment.
i really appreciate your help !!
thanks
P

Attachments

• PICTFORUMADR.jpg
    PICTFORUMADR.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 27
If its not grounded through the mains cable, and it has transformers, it will probably hum. Why is it not grounded? Do you have a death wish?

sorry i mean no EARTH in the outlet .

only 2 places in my home have earth.
now some of those ADR where NOT balanced in /out (no transformer)
i can check to go out of the unit unbalanced  bypassing  the transfomrer and check ?

If you want serious results with studio equipment, it all needs a mains earth, and all the earths connected together. That is the first thing I would look at. The power supply may need recapping, but make sure you have grounded everything properly first.

SOLVED !!
after many try... i just bypassed the INPUT AND OUTPUT transformer ... and i dont have ANY problem left...
strange...thanks !!

P

radardoug said:
Did you ground the unit?
I did ground it but that didn’t change nothing at all. Still had this 50hz hUm (around -50db). Without transformer the unit is COMPLETELY quiet . Strange

Latest posts

Back