Other places to order round API style knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, everyone,

A couple of months ago I requested a quote from Vemaline( Handles Unlimited) for their rounded (non pointer) Retro series knobs to complete a console project. Since then, I had been in contact with their customer service several times over who would resend the quote to engineering and was told they would contact me. After this cycle repeating an unnecessary amount of times, I contacted their customer service again for the same quote and then added if their engineering department was too swamped with large contract orders to consider this or they just don't want to deal with me, then let me know that so I won't keep pestering them, but even that request did not receive a response. I have a couple of these knobs installed on the desk that I have left over from the old CAPI days and I really like the aesthetics this style gives the project, and since I've spent so much effort working on this I want it at least look nice when completed. I have started looking at other options and found some that might be fine, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better source for something like the knobs I am talking about. They would need to be 0.50" in diameter or close to it if metric sized.

Thanks!

Paul

Maybe have a local cnc shop grind out a few samples for you? Imagining knob geometries, I'd guess a 4th axis is not necessary if you're willing to hand finish and tap them.

That is a possibility, though I'm trying to avoid having to do metal work as that is an area where my skill set is quite deficient.

Thanks!

Paul

I did see those. I believe the round ones would be a little too big. I would have to also drill out the holes from 6mm to 6.35mm and then add 1/4 to 1/8" adapters. I can do that last part if I have to, but I still think the knob itself would make things a little crowded to adjacent controls. I'll do some more measuring and verify that.

Thanks!

Paul

Latest posts

Back