• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage PILATROL PA 913 Tube Hi Fi PREAMP With Microphone Input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soldermonkey

Vintage 1950's PILOTROL Hi Fi MONO Preamp that Features a Microphone input.  This is a rare piece that could be used for a microphone preamp and for a hi fi setup.  It uses 6 tubes including 12ax7, 12au7, 5879 and a 6x4 rectifier.

It has inputs for microphone, phono, Aux, Tape, and Radio.  It has a dual output for recording and monitoring.

In addition to bass and treble controls, It also features buttons to select different playback frequency curves. 

I turned it on briefly to see that the lights come on and I saw some tubes glowing. Beyond that, it's going to need to be rebuilt / recapped.  I was thinking for studio use, it would be best to mod it to be transformer balanced.
Also, somebody replaced the faceplate.  You can buy a new brass blank plate for around $30 that you could have engraved to look even better than most vintage ones.

It is sold "as is" at a price to take into account the things that will be needed to restore it.
I have seen these go for as much as $1500 when completely rebuilt. 

$525 plus shipping to your location.  P.M. if interested

Attachments

• Pilotrol 2.jpg
    Pilotrol 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back