DIY 4-Band inductor-based EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoplex

Hi folks,

my favourite EQs are passive ones and inductor based ones.
On Gearslutz lot of people are completely freaking out about this kinda new LCPQ4040 by MIAD, a polish company.
The inside looks very neat and clean.. each band has it's own little board and the PSU is external.
I love it design-wise .. I was wondering why something like this doesn't exsist as a DIY project.
Given someone found some nice inductors, this should be a pretty straight forward project, no?
My skills for PCB and circuit design do not suffice for something like this, otherwise I'd just start it myself.
But maybe I am missing something and an inductor-based EQ like this is already out there as a DIY project.
Hence the thread.. any tips and discussion welcome :)

miad_lcpq4040_03-jap2hyk_1ACkJ4sXG5uQdzSIyl5xBpqV.jpg

ruffrecords said:
Or you could base it on my new passive mastering EQ:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=65630.msg831505#msg831505

I have not worked on it for a while - I have a mixer order to complete first - but I hope to be back on it in a month or so.

Hey Ian,

that project sounds highly interesting!
Fingers crossed you'll find the time to be back on it soon.
Will your design use valves in its gain-make-up stage?
That would be totally wicked  ;)

echoplex said:
Hey Ian,

that project sounds highly interesting!
Fingers crossed you'll find the time to be back on it soon.
Will your design use valves in its gain-make-up stage?
That would be totally wicked  ;)

It can do but it does not have to. The basic plan is it looks like 600 ohms in and out. It does not have much insertion loss (about 10dB at most) so you can use it at line level without having to add something specifically for gain make up..

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back