First time designing a PCB - check my work?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassDan

GDIY Supporter
Hey guys,

This is the first PCB I've ever designed. Just curious to have my work checked.

Traces are 60 mil. 240V on B+, total heater current will never be more than 2.9A with four channels.

Attachments

• PCBDBTube.jpg
    PCBDBTube.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 64
I am a little concerned about the clearance between the heater traces and the first anode of the bottom tube. I think perhaps you should neck the tracks in this region.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I am a little concerned about the clearance between the heater traces and the first anode of the bottom tube. I think perhaps you should neck the tracks in this region.

Cheers

Ian

How narrow (mils) can I get away with? I thought about doing some more creative heater routing with vias if necessary.

BluegrassDan said:
How narrow (mils) can I get away with? I thought about doing some more creative heater routing with vias if necessary.

Well it is only 150mA of current. What width are they now?

Cheers

Ian

I am a little concerned about the clearance between the heater traces and the first anode of the bottom tube

+1, but I'm no expert.  Will you have a soldermask on the proto?

Edit: Adding a via would solve the squeeze; have one of them come from the other layer.

BluegrassDan said:
All the traces are 60 mil.

For signals. 20 mil is plenty. I think you can safely neck those heater traces to 30 mil where they pass between tube pins.

Not wishing to put a spanner in the works but when I have two  like yours sharing a heaters I usually place them on the baord with the heaters facing each other. The way you can have a pair of short fat traces directly between them.

Edit: So you would just need to rotate the bottom one through 180 degrees.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back