Fender Rhodes sustain pedal problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weiss

Hey guys,

I am having issues lately with my fifty four to get my sustain pedal working the same way on all keys. If i set it up as usual, most of the keys get sustained but some in the higher section won't. If i extend the length of the metal rod to the pedal, i can make them get sustained as well but then when i release the pedal again all the lower keys are being sustained continuously.
I bet there is a fix for this? I just can't figure it out myself. Would appreciate some ideas on that!

cheers :)

weiss said:
Hey guys,

I am having issues lately with my fifty four to get my sustain pedal working the same way on all keys. If i set it up as usual, most of the keys get sustained but some in the higher section won't. If i extend the length of the metal rod to the pedal, i can make them get sustained as well but then when i release the pedal again all the lower keys are being sustained continuously.
I bet there is a fix for this? I just can't figure it out myself. Would appreciate some ideas on that!

cheers :)

You might have to readjust (or maybe change) the damper arms so they all lift simultaneously. This takes some time, but is actually pretty straightforward as you just bend them...

What andow said. It’s really the only reasonable option you have. I’ve had to do that with 3 out of the 5 Rhodes I’ve owned or borrowed. Seems to be common, especially on the Stage models.

Back