White Sea Studio tours Elysia...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
To be honest, I really enjoy Wytses' youtube channel, he's pretty honest and while young he manages to stay in his lane and does pretty decent reviews...he gives reasons for what he likes and does not like...

This video he tours Elysia and I thought the first part of the video was pretty cool with some of the stuff they use to prototype...the factory is very well thought out and I like the general philosophy they use...

Enjoy, or not...

Tour Elysia

iomegaman said:
To be honest, I really enjoy Wytses' youtube channel, he's pretty honest and while young he manages to stay in his lane and does pretty decent reviews...he gives reasons for what he likes and does not like...

This video he tours Elysia and I thought the first part of the video was pretty cool with some of the stuff they use to prototype...the factory is very well thought out and I like the general philosophy they use...

Enjoy, or not...

Tour Elysia

Yeah, he's a nice guy. I follow his channel as well. Does some interesting tests on plugins. Although i think that some of his audio law theories don't quite match the reality e.g. like in the 192k video.

weiss said:
Yeah, he's a nice guy. I follow his channel as well. Does some interesting tests on plugins. Although i think that some of his audio law theories don't quite match the reality e.g. like in the 192k video.

Totally agree, after reading NwAvGuys article on bias in listening I pretty much have tossed the idea that 192k means anything to anyone but the person listening and their own ears...I think he mainly does dance or dub or whatever the frick the new kids are doing in Eurasia these days...

I do like his "snake oil" approach because well...there's a LOT of snake oil in the average plug-in...at some point they all follow basic DSP laws...

I was quite impressed with Elysia's quality control...and their general setup...never used any of their analog products...yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzhbRGfzMsM

Just watched his latest video. The modules he is racking look interesting. Never saw them before

iomegaman said:
Yea I'm not sure what the console was...sounds like he says "Site S-3" console...

In this youtube...where he decides to quit...I get the frustration...but I'm to old to quit.

Here

haha yeah i can understand how he feels.
i did a search but nothing turned up. seems to be rare

weiss said:
haha yeah i can understand how he feels.
i did a search but nothing turned up. seems to be rare

Here's his intro to it when he got it...

SAIT
According to the video it was in the studio that recorded Beach Boys "Holland"...

BBC2 is what comes up in Baambrugge...

Back