Data Securitization/back to the jungle

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I've  been avoiding the biometriciseation of my data to the fullest extent possible under the existing governmental framework here in Ireland ,but it seems like now a fork in the roads is up ahead ,
Aside from having been disqualified from any social welfare payments for the last 2 1/2 years , I also somehow dont qualify for any unemployment benefit despite having been employed  and paid social security stamp in the last two calender years .

Today I go into one of the two last 'non bank' credit/saving places in town to be told unless I hold a verfiable 'government' biometric id, either passport or drivers licence and can provide a bill or other documentation as proof of address they cant deal with me any more , and presumably there is a cutoff date by which my(meagre) funds are either withdrawn or frozen by revenue.

'Submit to the facial(recog) human ,Resistance is futile '
Just because a majority have traded off their image to facebook ,especially in the event of tragedy ,doesnt mean  the notion of personal privacy can be steam rolled into the ground by a conglomerate of .gov and big business .

“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.” Ed Snowden.

Jim prophet/poet 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeCT69YlTvk

The short answer is I cant provide satisfactory evidence of who I am any more ,
I have held passports in the past and I still have them ,but as they are now expired there not much use .
I have lived in the same town most of my life so I am recognisable  to many people .

The interesting thing is you can walk into a job tomorrow , just give them a name and a public services number is all thats required , but the moment you try and access the money you've earned you need biometric id , passport or driver licence to either set up or use a bank or credit union  account . 

If the government suddenly came up with a plan to fingerprint the entire population there would be uproar , yet here in Ireland the government has pushed an ID database through the back door covering 3/5 of the population , no consultation  or debate on the matter ,rammed through with much uncertainty about  the legal standing of the system .

As it turns out  the 'public services card'  isnt even usable as ID now after all , and several government departments cant actually accept it due to legal advice telling them the whole basis for the card is on shakey ground to begin with . We ceased to be subjects under the crown in 1922 when the Irish free state was set up , feels like  our current half Indian prime minister is heading us back down that road again now where we daren't even question authority of a man who has absolutely no mandate from the public .
We may grumble that Borris is in next door ,but at least Borris does command a huge majority of his own political party , Leo Varadkar  was voted in by a few hundred upper ecehelon party members , despite his closest rival having around a 75% majority with grass roots party members ,thats  not democracy at all ,who are we trying to kid . 

Latest posts

Back