Collins 26U1 Peak Limiter Power Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi, 

Do someone knows what the power transformer used the Collins 26U1?

I have one without power transformer!
Thanks anticipated
Opacheco

CJ said:
probably a custom p/n,

however, if you want to scour catalogs one page at a time,  :eek:

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/xfm/
CJ, that is amazing huge information!!

Let me to check them!....😉

Thanks a lot,
Opacheco

I have dedicated some hours in order to looking for a Chicago Transformer for my 26U Collins  Compressor but look like the CJ link with Chicago transformers Manuals  don’t have a 150 v with 135 v tap plus 6.3 v, could somebody recommend one for the power transformer for this compressor?, I don’t know what the power is (watts) it  and the amps current neither!!

Thanks in advance!

Opacheco

opacheco said:
could somebody recommend one for the power transformer for this compressor?, I don’t know what the power is (watts) it  and the amps current neither!!

Looks like there is a section in the manual that has a bunch of test voltages.  Should be able to get a better picture of what this current draw looks like from these until someone chimes in.

I'm not too comfortable with understanding how doublers affect current yet so I wouldn't know what size could be used /or get by in this original supply circuit...... but it would be interesting to hear.

Good luck

scott2000 said:
Looks like there is a section in the manual that has a bunch of test voltages.  Should be able to get a better picture of what this current draw looks like from these until someone chimes in.

I'm not too comfortable with understanding how doublers affect current yet so I wouldn't know what size could be used /or get by in this original supply circuit...... but it would be interesting to hear.

Good luck

scott200,
Right! but maybe someone with a original Collins 26U can help me readying the impress code on a real power transformer; maybe the real transformer has more information about the electric current and power printed on one of its faces!!

Thanks
Opacheco

mjrippe said:
Photo attached from SN: 131

mjrippe, great pic!!...thanks a lot.

I have searched the power transformer with this information but found nothing, but after of some calculator use I found that all I need is a 6.3 Vac (CT)@ 3Amps with a 135Vac @ 0.5Amps winding !!

Do someone can remember any transformer with this power capacity?...

In other hand; I am thinking I could use a 270Vac @ 0.5Amps and a DIODE BRIDGE instance to original DOUBLER VOLTAGE configuration in the PSU, but I am not sure if this work appropriately without sound quality diminished ???....Any comments will be appreciate so much!

opacheco.

scott2000 said:
What is the transformer you are considering?

Scott2000,

I don’t have any transformer in mind, I am searching for one with the 6.3 CT, @ 3Amps but my doubt is the power(watts) for the high voltage winding (or the amperes(Amps) for the 135Vac.)...I have stimated 0.5 Amps for the 135 Vac but I am not absolutely sure of that!

Any comment about it will be appreciate so much.

Thanks
opacheco

Everything anyone needs to know is there on the manual and schematic.  Both online. 

EmRR said:
Everything anyone needs to know is there on the manual and schematic.  Both online.

yes of course!...here is

http://www.steampoweredradio.com/pdf/collins/manuals/collins%2026u1%20peak%20limiting%20amplifier.pdf

Please comment about of use a complete bridge diodes rectifier in this unit because the 135Vac and 6.3Vac(CT) is no comun for!...this is instance the doubler of voltage for the 135Vac!

Thanks
opacheco

Back