R.i.p. aspen Pittman of groove tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

It is with very heavy heart that I pass along news from this morning. Aspen Pittman  of gt fame was involved in a car wreck yesterday and passed away from complications of that wreck this morning. I have no further details at this time.  :'(

Thats a tragic end ,
I got Aspen's 'Tube amp book' more than 20 years ago now ,
before 'WWW' it  was my main source for schematics for old tube stuff ,
back in the days my teachers would say ,'Valves (tubes) ,no future in that'  :mad:

Tubetec said:
Thats a tragic end ,
I got Aspen's 'Tube amp book' more than 20 years ago now ,
before 'WWW' it  was my main source for schematics for old tube stuff.

I bought mine 1993 and I still enjoy it to  study this classic. Its my all time favorit book, thanks a lot for that! Really sad news. RIP Mr. Pittman.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
The pages started to fall out of my paperback version too , I carefully glued them back in with pva glue and that worked perfectly
I also used clear adhesive film over the cover , its a bit tatty looking now ,but thats fine too . Mines the same cover as your's Rock so it must have been mid 90's I got it , how time flies....

Heres another favourite of mine ,
http://www.trinityamps.com/ForumGallery/trinity/resources/Jack_Darr_Handbook.pdf
Thats a great book for amp servicing tips ,and of course some extracts of it are in the Tube Amp Book too. 

i knew aspen 20 years. he signed my copy of the tube amp book.  he chaired our brain trust meetings each month until stepping down and being just a member. he was one of a kind. 

Sad news...  :(

Must admit I'm a s*cker for (& buyer of) his off-centre ideas,
various of his brilliant/weird/impossible things were temping to at least try (Fathead, Fatfinger, SFX)

L.A. has a tight, close audio community,. It always hard to lose people in audio who were friends and colleagues but even more so when it's one of our local audio community. 

Very sad.  Sorry for your loss Pucho and to the whole community.  I learned a ton from his book and still use it to this day. 

Celebration of Life in honor of Aspen Pittman
this Saturday 8/24 @ 7PM - 10PM
Burbank Marriott - Burbank Airport
2500 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505-1019
Please spread the word for Saturday.
RSVP to Autumn Pittman if possible.
Please make sure to let everyone know, they will not be serving food but there will be a cash bar, coffee/tea and dried fruits and nuts.

Latest posts

Back