woooaaa $3300 for micpre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have suffered poor product perception decades ago because I did not charge high enough prices (for my phono preamps decades ago).

I do not have that problem now selling to drummers, they are even cheaper than me...  ;D

JR

pucho812 said:
well I prefer to spend my money on more enjoyable things then a mic pre, for example coffee  and such.  ;)
Life is too short for inferior beverages. Quality tea, coffee, and beer are worthwhile investments.

I don't know about growing my own tea, but I have roasted my own coffee, and brewed my own beer for decades.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Life is too short for inferior beverages. Quality tea, coffee, and beer are worthwhile investments.

I don't know about growing my own tea, but I have roasted my own coffee, and brewed my own beer for decades.

JR

yes, your beer and coffee exploits are well known.  :)  I have yet to roast my own, I am sure the experience is well worth it. I have brewed my own before, I should take that up again.

JohnRoberts said:

JR

:eek: we should just pop in for a pint sometime  ;D

kambo said:
:eek: we should just pop in for a pint sometime  ;D
I have a couple friends who pop in from time to time, and they know I have a bottomless supply of Johnny beer in the refer.

I suspect MS is not on your normal commute, but welcome...

Hint don't use mapquest to find my house because they will send you a couple miles away... I wish I did that on purpose but i can't take credit... wish it worked to stop robo calls.

Latest trick to tangle up the robo calls is pick up the phone but say nothing... a real person will try to talk to you again, the robo dialer just hangs up.  8)

JR

JohnRoberts said:

JR

consider yourself lucky! no its not!

me and my two other friend use to drink 120+ pints no problem  when we sit down for a chat  8)

kambo said:
consider yourself lucky! no its not!

me and my two other friend use to drink 120+ pints no problem  when we sit down for a chat  8)
I've seen the sun come up before the keg was empty.... That's how you know the party is over.

Speaking of kegs, back in the 60s as a college freshman in boston, I once attended a frat party, that advertised all the beer you could drink for $1. Me and one classmate attended that frat party (the price was right)... After about 30 minutes they got a phone call about a different party at some sorority, and they all left for that other party, with me and my classmate still there drinking.

When they came back to their frat house several hours later, me and my classmate were still there drinking beer.... I recall one of the frat guys checking the almost empty keg, and kicking us out.  :eek:

---

I recall one house party in CT in the 70s when some miscreant tried to steal our keg. He obviously couldn't get very far away on foot and we easily got our keg back. He was not invited back to the party.  :mad:

JR

a real person will try to talk to you again, the robo dialer just hangs up.  8)

I called a friend of a friend's phone back the other day and his solution was funny. His answering machine has him speaking in as deadpan a voice as possible, saying, "The cellular provider you are trying to reach is no longer in service. Message 7H5. NU75."

Cracked me up.

JohnRoberts said:
I have a couple friends who pop in from time to time, and they know I have a bottomless supply of Johnny beer in the refer.

Hint don't use mapquest to find my house because they will send you a couple miles away... I wish I did that on purpose but i can't take credit... wish it worked to stop robo calls.

Latest trick to tangle up the robo calls is pick up the phone but say nothing... a real person will try to talk to you again, the robo dialer just hangs up.  8)

JR

I wish I was so lucky. if I map my address I can get there. if anyone else maps my address they end up on the backside of where a live, the next street. I never figured out why, I never cared when I get dropped off I just enter from the back of the building.  But I have had luck with robo calls.  whenever I know it's a  Drobo call, I play a recording of sortwave radio station UVB76.  I also do that for non robo live telemarketing calls.  it took about a week then the calls dropped off to nothing.

if you are not familiar with UVB76,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

pucho812 said:
I wish I was so lucky. if I map my address I can get there. if anyone else maps my address they end up on the backside of where a live, the next street. I never figured out why, I never cared when I get dropped off I just enter from the back of the building.
I finally got to the bottom of my misdirection a few months ago... only one of the internet mapping services gets my location wrong (Mapquest... they suck). Any other web search of my physical address is correct.  Earlier this year when I had gutters put on my house, I watched the gutter truck drive right past my house on their way to the wrong location.

Search you address using different web mapping utilities and you will probably find the bad actor(s).

In my case Mapquest (they suck) did not map my physical address into their data base but estimated where it was relative to some nominal nearby address they had mapped. The highway I live on passes through downtown (cough) Hickory, so house numbers are interrupted between north of town (where I live) and south of town, where Mapquest incorrectly sends people. 
But I have had luck with robo calls.  whenever I know it's a  Drobo call, I play a recording of sortwave radio station UVB76.  I also do that for non robo live telemarketing calls.  it took about a week then the calls dropped off to nothing.

if you are not familiar with UVB76,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76
My old school land line does not have recording play back capability. Dead air seems to discourage most robo calls.  I need to check if my answering machine plays recorded messages when the line is active... I play a recorded message to string them on... ::) 

I suspect the dead air discourages them because answering machines pause before playing the outgoing message, otherwise my answering machine would be full of robo crepitus.

Nah, not worth the effort.

JR

Back