Mouser Project Manager: wtf?....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrd

Don't know if maybe this should get kicked to the brewery due to the rancor factor, but it seems to relate to project building and the tribulations thereof...

So I signed up for a "my mouser" account, thinking "Ooh, great, I can slowly add to my different BOMs and then save them and come back to them later and keep adding when I think of more stuff." I spent some time one night last week working up a list of stuff that I needed for my mnats 1176 boards. I went back tonight, logged in, and lo and behold, stuff was added into my "project" without me having done anything. I might not have really noticed, except that the order total was more than double what I had left it at previously!! Not only had extra items been added, but quantities were changed (upped!) on almost all the items on my list! So now I have to go back through it with a fine toothed comb, leading me to think that this is not saving me any time or headache versus just blocking out a chunk of time to do the whole order at once. Has this happened to anyone else? Is Mouser trying to rip me off, or is something else at work here? So far I am not very impressed with their "my mouser" / "project manager" service....

Wow-that's weird! I think I have a "my mouser" account too, but I don't use it when I'm putting together parts lists. I just get the list together and then later as long as I'm on the same computer and I open my "shopping cart" the order is still there-I don't think any of my quantaties have ever been changed. Strange.
Joel

If you keep saving to your projects from what's already in your shopping cart, it will be added to what you already have. Mouser is not adding anything. Don't add things to your cart then save to a project (or it will keep adding). Save directly to the project.

ok, i shall try to follow that advice. it may account for why things i had ordered had increased by certain multiples... but i still can't figure out where one thing came from... the lumineferous (sp?) ether i suppose.

yes, this happens to all of us. mouser even acknowleges it somewhere on one of their help pages.

if you have crap in your cart, by all means, do NOT save it to a project you just saved or it will double.

build a cart, then save it ONCE only.
if you want to add something to an already saved project, do it on another day after you session expires.

I learned the hard way too. :)

But now I love the mouser project manager.
I have an mnats project, a 312 project, a green project, a misc project, etc etc etc.

I just wish we could 'share' projects with other users.

man i love mouser, no matter how much i ordered, it always goes out the NEXT morning.
digikey is allright, but dont give ship notification and the checkout and addition setup isnt anywhere near mouser.

:thumb: :thumb: :sam:

FWIW, RS has this CDROM-catalogue that you can install on your computer. You have the choice of building BOMs online or locally.
(Of course the local version doesn't have the last minute info)

To prevent messing with your 'projects', has Mouser such a local-BOM thing perhaps as well ?

Latest posts

Back