I noticed a post by winston oboogie today and it reminded me of the time I was ripped off by “aardman” or john lissongrove...
... I cannot get the bitter taste out.

Hi Shabtek,
I did think this might be better if I sent a private PM when I first saw your post but also thought that, since it involves the community,  making it public might be best. I hope this is OK.

I honestly don't remember any specific transaction we had in the past due to the time frame involved since - 10 years I'm guessing?
I also wasn't a well man in that time and memories from back then are very fuzzy, or absent.

Nevertheless, I am truly sorry for anything and everything I did which ended badly.  More sorry than can be written. 
Please understand, being unwell is something I may have learned to accept as reasoning behind my behavior but is not something I claim as any excuse.

I did post an apology on here a while ago and ask if I were still welcome to post and contribute, but I'm aware there is unfinished business out there. 
I generally just post on the fora to poke my nose in or help if I can.   
I've no intention of doing business here, I understood a long time ago that my career in audio was over.  I completely get it that I am exhiled in regard to making money at it. I was hoist by my own petard. 

Regardless, although a man of very limited financial means these days, I will do whatever is within those means to compensate or make amends with you.  I don't know what's involved financially, you'll have to let me know. 

So, what I do remember regarding transactions on here: 
There was some equipment I helped sell which came from one of the big L.A. prop houses.  I do remember Doug EMRR got an RCA amp as one example.   There were some mic pre cards and transformers from an MCI desk too, plus bits and bobs... I forget what else.
The money from those sales did go to my PayPal since I was refurbing the more expensive gear they were selling and the money paid for parts we needed for that stuff.
I didn't ship or handle any of the shipping stuff at all, it was done by my friend Brian Kehew who knew the prop house owners.  Brian is a very dependable person and I do believe he shipped everything out.  It would surprise me if otherwise.

I also cleared and moved shop around 2009 for a new business venture and some stuff found its way on here.  Some stuff I listed myself, some not,  I wasn't particularly interested in becoming known as a parts broker  A few UTC transformers were listed by a Kenny (no idea what his forum avatar/nom de plume was) who was a studio owner in the same building complex.  He too is a dependable dude.

Also from then: although written and posted from within my shop walls, the accounts Aardman and LissonGrove weren't technically me.  I do think I posted from them to answer technical questions once or twice, but I enlisted help from someone else with getting stuff cleared out and moved, and his name was also John.  My new venture was Lisson Grove, hence I probably told John to go with that handle.  Aardman did indeed start as me, I couldn't log in as Winston at one point as i forgot my info until Jacob sorted it for me.  I have no idea what I had John posting as Aardman sell, sorry...
Life and other things went South for me shortly thereafter.

I did have an alternate account on here under "Frank Einstein" I think it was.  That was to enable me to post a few schematics (the EMI TG limiter was one) without getting grief from busy-bodies and nay sayers.  Despite Wade from Chandler saying otherwise, I was not "Uncle Fester" and did not sell TG pcb's. 

Since then, I gave a mate a couple of schematics to post that might be useful (EMI RS61) but he had his own account and that was that. 

So, I do feel uncomfortable sometimes when I'm posting given the history.
But it isn't just about me. 
If me being here makes others uncomfortable then that's an issue.
This is a democratic community and I'll go with the consensus.

Peace,
D.J.H.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:22:56 AM by Winston O'Boogie »

gyraf

Welcome back. I for one missed you.

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let Harman run your company..

Squeaky

I have appreciated your contributions historical and current. Some of it helped to get me going in diy.

I am a relatively new member (long time reader), and I understand stuff happened in the past, but in my opinion you are a contributor to this forum that has been missed, and so from me, welcome back.

All the best.

Nicholas

Welcome back. I for one missed you.

Jakob E.
Hi Jacob,
I missed you and this place too 😊
Was thinking about your company the other day and, if it didn't actually involve leaving the house (I go outside about once a month to collect supplies), I'd love to come work for free for you.  I passed through and stayed in Aarhus quite a lot in my being a musician days.   I loved it and the people there.
Much respect,
Hinson O'Wobbly.

Rob Flinn

You helped me out with info in the past.  Thanks
regards Rob

I have appreciated your contributions historical and current. Some of it helped to get me going in diy.

I am a relatively new member (long time reader), and I understand stuff happened in the past, but in my opinion you are a contributor to this forum that has been missed, and so from me, welcome back.

All the best.

Nicholas

Thank you Nicholas.  I'm glad you got going in diy audio.  If I helped, even better.

I like your Helios project.  Not sure where you got the idea to run the output stage with a higher rail than the input, but I think it's absolutely correct based on the various unmolested Helios I've peeked inside.  Most of the racked up stuff I've seen only uses 24V for all amps, but there's a 24V zener inside to feed the input stage which is there to drop the supply down from something higher feeding the output.

Cheers 😊

You helped me out with info in the past.  Thanks

And I've learned a few things from you recently when catching up on older posts I'd missed out on not being here.
This place has some incredible stuff going on these days!
Thanks Rob.

Phrazemaster

Anyone willing to admit past mistakes, apologize for them, and offer to make amends is totally cool in my book.

And you’re being very humble and kind about it.

You get a big welcome from me!!

And I’ve learned from your posts. So double welcome!

Mike
** * Kablooie!

EmRR

Well posted Sir. 
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

noulou

Welcome back John.  :)

Thanks for the kind words chaps - Doug, Mike, & Noulou. 
Always nice to read or hear.  But,

Sure would be good to sort stuff out with Shabtek, or anyone, if I can.

boji

to make amends is totally cool in my book.

+1   Glad you're back. Did and do enjoy reading your posts.