stickers improve your sound....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get them the stickers now and the $20k burn in box for graduation. Or maybe that should be a parent purchase. Either way, I just found out I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Amazing.....

Thanks!

Paul

I used to make 'Danger High Voltage' stickers to go on the back of my mixers. It wasn't until I changed them to black writing on a yellow background that the depth, vibrancy and inside leg measurement of the music improved dramatically.

Cheers

Ian

Good catch and well spent money!

The Cable Company is a great source, the got Mini Quantum Resonator as well.

https://www.thecableco.com/telos-audio-design-mini-quantum-resonator.html

"The Mini Q's top cover is plated with Palladium, Which has a sweet timber quality refinement, and smooth tonal texture."

ruffrecords said:
... the depth, vibrancy and inside leg measurement of the music improved dramatically.

Haha  ;D 
Did you dress the sticker to the left, the right, or find room in the middle?

Winston O'Boogie said:
Haha  ;D 
Did you dress the sticker to the left, the right, or find room in the middle?

That depends on where speaker is placed in relation to the listening position. For stereo applications, the sticker should be as far to the outer edges on the back of the speaker as it pertains to the center image. This will give tracks panned hard left and right and even wider sound stage, overcoming the problems of mixing in stereo where the physical space for placement of speakers is limited. Keep in mind that when looking at the back of the speaker the orientation of left and right is opposite from the listening position. The best explanation is the relation of house left/right being opposite of stage left/right.

For 5.1 applications, It is best to be able to place speakers so that they land equidistant from each other at a fixed radius from the listening position with the center channel as the starting point. With this optimal placement, the sticker should be fixed on the middle of the speaker so as to not skew the surround image into the sound field of an adjacent speaker. If optimal placement cannot be physically achieved, then the sticker is to be placed to move image towards where it would be in an optimal situation. To determine this, measure out where the speakers would be in an optimal placement with no physical limitations. Position a placeholder as an imaginary speaker placement point. With the center channel always having a sticker placed in the middle and as the starting point, generate pink noise(or a tone if preferred) through two adjacent speakers. By adjusting where the sticker is placed in relation to the middle of the speaker, the audible placement of the two speakers summing together should sound like it is oriented at the placeholder position or as close as possible. Do this working from the center out. Some physical moving of speaker placement may still be required to achieve desired imaging effect. This is usually needed for the rear left and rear right channels.

For ATMOS systems, all stickers need to be placed in the exact center of the back of the speaker. It is understood that when the resources have been spent to set up an ATMOS mix room that all of the speakers have been placed equidistant in a perfect spherical radius from the listening position. If not, it is better to omit the usage of stickers as trying to use the method described for 5.1 setup will prove too difficult and require much more setup time than a large majority of facility owners are will to pay to have done.

For all subwoofers, a proprietary method is employed to account for the sticker's image steering qualities. Since we want the very low frequency material to retain its enveloping, omnidirectional characteristics, stickers are connected to the subwoofers speaker terminals and placed at an equidistant radius in 90 degree increments from the subwoofer position. To do this, a single, continuous run of 12 gauge, stranded, pure oxygen free copper or higher conductive material wire (no tinned copper!) is to be run in a circular fashion around the listen position so that it intersects with the measure sticker placement. At each intersection, the insulation is to be trimmed to expose enough conductive material so that the full length of the sticker makes contact with the exposed wire. Two (2) layers of shrink tubing need to be used to protect the sticker and wire after the placement on the wire has been made. This will not only enhance the extra low frequencies from the subwoofer but will also ensure that the effect of those frequencies completely immerses the listener into it.

Once all of this completed, take a dead blow hammer of sufficient size and with a warrior like striking motion, apply pure brute force to various parts of the head until you become unconscious. When you come to, you should fully realize how much time and money you have wasted. If this is realization is not achieve upon regaining conscious, repeat this last step until you do.

Thanks!

Paul

Just discovered my amp needs these to be tuned...

https://highend-electronics.com/products/albat-amplifier-tuning-chips

Of course in order to fully appreciate the 0's and 1's on my CD's I need to first enhance the sound with the $49.00 special cloth that:

"It may sound strange, weird, perhaps impossible, but this special 11.5" by 11.5" soft anti-static cloth can improve the sound and picture of your CDs, SACDs, DVDs and BluRays' in a big way. The "KLANGTUCH IV" can do that for you and is definitely worth every penny! Manufactured in Germany and developed by the German sound-tinker Andreas Jungblut, owner of "ahp - Audiophile Hifi-Products", who also developed one of best high-end fuses - The Critical Link."

https://highend-electronics.com/products/ahp-klangtuch

I'm sorry who would pay $1895.00 for a set of tubes?

I suppose being able to use 1250v plate voltage might come in handy though...

Back