Semiconductor Shopping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Groner

Hi

In the near future I'll buy some medium quantities of 2N4401, 2N4403, MJE171, MJE181 and 914B (no, I'm not into discrete opamps :cool: ). Just to make sure: is ON Semiconductor (Fairchild for the diode) considered as a good brand?

Thanks!

Samuel

In principle On Semi duplicated the Motorola processes when they took over making various Moto discrete semis. And the Moto 4403's were the best. So if they preserved that process they should still be very good.

Thanks for the answers! Ptownkid, I can get them for a good deal (for my taste) here in Europe, so I don't think it is worth the extra work for you. But thanks for your offer!

Samuel

[quote author="bcarso"]In principle On Semi duplicated the Motorola processes when they took over making various Moto discrete semis. And the Moto 4403's were the best. So if they preserved that process they should still be very good.[/quote]
As far as I'm aware, ON Semi was a direct spinoff from Motorola (discrete semis), as was Freescale (ASICs), so the employees and assets should not have changed much if at all in the transition ... ?

I'm about to stock up on some 4403s... anyone know if the Nat'l Semi ones are good? How 'bout Fairchild? Sorry if this info is already duplicated elsewhere on the forum - I'm still sifting through the mountain of search results and meta topics.

If preferred transistor types and manufacturers are not already included in a meta somewhere, perhaps we ought to add this?

Latest posts

Back