Mixer Cart

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
I just delivered a tube mixer to a customer in North Carolina. He wants to be able to move it around the studio. It weighs about 70 lbs and has a separate power supply. So he asked me if I could recommend a source of some sort of cart - something about table top height on  (lockable) wheels with a shelf under for the PSU. Recommendations?

Cheers

Ian

Look for an old typewriter table on wheels.  Preferably, one built using heavy chrome plated steel tubing and heavy top like those built in the 1960's that held IBM Selectric or other heavy typewriters.  The installed height of the console on a typewriter table should be suitable for a seated person to operate the equipment.

The console can be mounted to the table and a plate installed between two of the legs used to mount the PSU to.  The power supply should be separated by approximately a foot or so from the bottom of the console to avoid objectionable magnetic coupling between the PSU power transformer and the mic input transformers inside the console...

Do any power supply components (tubes, on-off power switch, etc.) preclude side mounting or operation on its side?

rmburrow said:
Do any power supply components (tubes, on-off power switch, etc.) preclude side mounting or operation on its side?
The power supply is a 19 inch rack mounting unit. It is all solid state. The only problem with operation on the side is the ears.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
The power supply is a 19 inch rack mounting unit. It is all solid state. The only problem with operation on the side is the ears.

Cheers

Ian

I am unsure if you solved this. My partner recently made a Cart for Location Sound modular on wheels from a part supplier.

I can get the information from him if still needed.

Latest posts

Back