Schoeps CMC5 inductor values

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

I'm starting a Schoeps CMC5 clone and experiments but looking at the original schematic, i cant find the values for the inductors.

Any guess?

Have a good day

Attachments

• Schoeps-schematic.gif
    Schoeps-schematic.gif
    234.1 KB · Views: 91
This is of course a much copied circuit, and  I can recall seeing Dr1 as 120uH , Dr2 as 68uH, and DR3 and DR4 as 47uH in other versions of this same circuit ...
I'm don't think the exact values are that critical, so those should do the job OK....

I've messed around a bit with the Schoeps DC/DC converter, and while it's not that sensitive to the small capacitor values (works fine with both pF-range ones of 22pF), the inductors seem to need to be in a roughly 2:1 ratio - in my case, 47uH and 100uH seemed to work fine.

A schematic of the CAD GXL3000 shows the inductor that goes to ground of 62uH, while the other one is 150uH.  Studio Projects C1, 68uH and 220uH respectively.

Original Schoeps CMC DR1 is 680uH, DR2 120uH. Never found exactly the same adapted DC converter in any chinese  "schoeps" variation, most is similar but not the same and values of inductors are lower and usual different for various mics.

Latest posts

Back