EA2503 or EA2623 as an 1176 output transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

living sounds

I've got a couple of each lying around and am wondering, if those could work in G1176s as output transformers.

Does it make sense? Would it require adaptions to the circuit? Has anyone here tried it?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken since the G1176  dont include the electronically balanced input to output transformer design from rev A-F so most  1:2 transformers prob be used.

If I'm not more mistaken the G1176 is even though its said to be a based on rev F but the schematics on Jacob's site is of the rev H or later (based on the B12614 output transformer on those schematics) and MNAT refer to it as rev H-J.

But I guess that someone with more knowledge about transformers and 1176 builds might correct my but I think you can use it for the original 1:2 output configuration at least. Not sure for the 2:1 flipped mod.

living sounds said:
Thanks!

Has nobody here ever tried it?

I could try swapping in one of mine original AP-2623 in a G1176 rev H I'm building. But still waiting some original hardware parts from the US before I will put it together though in a month or so. Using all original part except the PCB for the build.

But accually have a some original UREI B121614 left over but lacking some API style transformers.  If you want to trade some let me know through PM :)

Back